Happy Halloween, everyone! I’m so excited that Halloween is finally here because it is truly one of my favorite days every year. The scary movies, the costumes, the trick-or-treating, the candy, I love it all, but my absolute favorite past time that I love, love, love is carving pumpkins. There’s just something about it that always takes me back to being a child and makes me feel a lot of Halloween nostalgia. Carving pumpkins is always fun, then there’s always the question, “Once it’s carved, what to do with the seeds”? Roast them, of course! There are a million different ways of doing it, most of them quite delicious, but with this recipe, I’ve taken it up a notch. These pumpkin seeds are not only roasted, they’ve covered in chocolate and flaked salt and they are delicious! Just follow the steps below and you will be devouring them in no time!
Chocolate Salted Pumpkin Seeds:
1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
2 tsp Melted Butter
4 oz Chocolate Bar (I used 80% Cocoa)
- Set your oven to 350 degrees and wash off your pumpkin seeds to remove any pumpkin goo or pulp. Once clean, dry off your seeds with a paper towel.
- Place your seeds in a bowl with the melted butter and toss to coat. Once coated, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Once cooked, remove them from the oven and let them sit for 10 minutes, or until cooled.
- While the seeds are cooling, melt your chocolate by breaking it up into pieces and placing it in a small pot on low heat. As the chocolate starts to melt, make sure to constantly stir so it so it doesn’t burn. Once melted though, remove from the heat.
- Next, begin dipping your seeds in the chocolate and placing them on a piece of wax paper to dry.
- Finally, sprinkle your chocolate dipped seeds with flaked salt and let them set until dry. To speed up the drying process, place them in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then enjoy!