‘Tis the season for warm, yummy, comforting foods. That’s why this blueberry muffin cast iron cake is the perfect breakfast dish for a chilly morning. It’s not only delicious, it’s easy to make. Check out all the recipe detail below and enjoy!
Blueberry Muffin Cast Iron Cake
1 1/2 cups Flour (I used all purpose, but you can also try another flour of your choice)
3/4 cups Coconut Sugar (Again, you can use other sugar if preferred)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1/3 cup Almond Milk (You can also use regular milk, soy mild or coconut milk here)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
1. First, preheat oven to 400º F, then in a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt).
2. Next, in a medium bowl, whisk together your liquid ingredients (milk, oil, vanilla and egg).
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and mix together.
4. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter until they are evenly mixed.
5. Pour the batter into the cast iron skillet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven, let cool and enjoy!