Easter is near, so today I wanted to share my recipe for Robin Eggs Easter Donuts with you. They’re a colorful, easy and fun Easter treat to make with the family and they’re delicious. Just follow the steps below and enjoy!
Robin Eggs Easter Donuts
For the Donuts:
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2/3 Cup Sugar
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter (Melted)
1 Large Egg
For the Icing/Topping:
1/2 Cup White Chocolate (Melted)
1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
1 1/2 Tbs Milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Bag Robin Eggs Candy (Crushed)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut pan.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Put the donut mixture into a piping bag or if you don’t have one, you can pour the mixture into a ziplock bag and cut a small corner, then pipe the donut mixture into the donut pan, filling each one up 3/4 of the way.
- Bake the donuts for 10-12 minutes, then cool.
- While the donuts are cooling, you can make the icing. Start by whisking the milk, confectioners sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Then, melt the white chocolate by placing it in a bowl and heating in your microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Once the chocolate has melted, put it in the bowl with the rest of the ingrained and whisk until smooth.
- Dip each donut into the white chocolate icing (if it starts to cool, you can microwave it for 10 seconds as needed) and sprinkle each donut with the crushed Robins Eggs candy.