A few weeks ago my husband and I took a trip to the ever-so-dreamy Paris and absolutely fell in love. We loved the architecture, the food, the wine, hearing people speak in their lovely native tongue…pretty much everything about it, but overall, one thing I really took away was the amazing Parisian style. Parisian girls just have that certain something about them that I have always heard that, but witnessing it firsthand was something else entirely. They’re style is effortless, classic, chic and cool without trying to be cool and when I grow up, I want to be a French girl too. Until then, all I can do is dream and follow the ever-so-hand guide on how to dress like a french girl below.
1. French style is all about femininity, which is why ruffles and lace are a perfect combination.
2. Red lips are the go-to way to dress up any Parisian look.
3. This Janessa Leone hat is the perfect way to accessories your ultra-cool French look.
4. A classic trench is a must-have for a fall day in Paris.
5. Black ballet flats are a definite French girl staple.
6. Casual black and white stripes, like this cotton top from H&M, are always a Parisian go-to.
7. Want to be as hip as the French? Then you gotta have a little leather. Try this moto jacket from BLANKNYC.
8. There’s nothing more French than the classic scent of Chanel No 5.
9. A cute, stylish clutch is perfect for a night out in Paris.
10. 50% of the stylishly dressed Parisian women I saw in France were all wearing cute skinny jeans, like these from Topshop.
11. There’s nothing sexier for a night out in Paris, than a effortless, silk slip dress.
12. Booties like these Vince Camuto beauties are a must.
13. A camel cashmere scarf is a great choice for a chili Parisian Fall day.
14. If they weren’t wearing skinny jeans, they were wearing black skinnies, like these from PAIGE.
15. French girls walk everywhere, so a cute, low-key pair of sneakers like these white Converse are a must.
16. A great leather tote is perfect for carrying around all your French goods.
17. These Elizabeth & James cat eye sunnies are a stylish, chic way to block that mid-day Parisian sun.